Buying and Selling Businesses
At the Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC, we provide essential guidance in:
- Locating a Business Buyer or Seller: If you are interested in buying an existing business, we can assess your needs and find an enterprise that is both profitable and enjoyable to you. If you wish to sell your business, we can help you reach buyers that have the interest and necessary capital.
- Valuation and Due Diligence: Whether you are buying or selling, you want a complete examination of the business' assets, debts, and financial history, along with any property issues related to the structure, zoning, or environmental impact.
- Negotiations: Attorney Peter V. Lathouris has three decades of negotiation experience, and he will aggressively represent your position in every issue so you get the best agreement and deal possible.
- Creating a Sale or Purchase Contract: Attorney Lathouris will work with you, the prospective buyer or seller, and their lawyer to craft the legal document that will certify the transaction. Other documents may be necessary as well, including a business purchase letter of intent, confidentiality agreement, and transfer of any applicable copyrights or trademarks.
- Official Business Transfer: When all requirements and conditions related to the transaction are settled, we will help you finalize the agreement in compliance with all applicable legal guidelines and statutes set at the local, state, and federal level.
With a transaction of this magnitude, you can trust the Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC to provide the framework designed to protect your long-term financial future. With our vast experience in the sale and purchase of businesses and commercial properties, we can provide crucial advice to help you determine if a deal or business is the right one for you. We will equip you with the details necessary to make the most informed decision possible.
Contact a New Haven County Business Acquisition Attorney
Regardless of the size of the business or dollar amount involved, you need elite-level legal representation. The Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC helps business owners who are ready to cash out and buyers who are prepared to live their dream of owning a business. To learn how a Danbury business lawyer can help you, contact us today for a free 30-minute consultation.