Business Succession Plans
A business succession planning lawyer from the Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC can provide a comprehensive examination of your business and walk you step-by-step through the elements necessary for a smooth transfer. This could include:
- Business Valuation: You want an accurate assessment of all assets. Among the many benefits, this can help reveal efficiencies or restructuring that can increase long-term profitability.
- Business Continuation Planning: This focuses on how to plan for the departure, incapacitation, or death of family members integral to the business, to avoid business disruption or potential conflict.
- Business Contracts: Your lawyer may find some agreements with third-party vendors need renegotiation or alteration to be consistent with changes that may happen upon the forthcoming change in ownership control.
- Updating Estate Plans: Wills and trusts already in place with senior-generation owners should be updated. This may include issues related to company stock, business assets, and life insurance.
- Lifetime Business Transfer: Your attorney can create a plan that implements changes while senior-generation owners are alive, and determine how best to address estate tax ramifications.
You can trust Attorney Peter V. Lathouris to provide the blueprint and guidance needed for a seamless transition. With more than three decades of experience as a business and real estate lawyer, he knows how to create the path toward a fruitful future for your enterprise. Also, a succession plan is a living document, not a one-time occurrence, so when modifications become necessary, he will be prepared to craft and implement them as needed.
Contact a Stamford Business Succession Lawyer
With something as important as the future of your family and the business you have grown, do not use a business succession plan template. Only a skilled business attorney can ensure all parties are properly protected. The Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC is ready to help you today. To schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation with a Darien business succession plan lawyer, contact us. We also serve clients in Danbury, Norwalk, and Westport.