How an Investment Property Lawyer Can Help
The Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC can assist you throughout your property ownership lifecycle. In fact, to make sure you are fully protected, it is best to hire an attorney before you complete any investment property purchase. When you enlist our services, we can:
- Review your purchase agreement, negotiate any necessary changes which benefit you, and represent you at the closing.
- Decide how your real estate investment operation should be structured. This could include the formation of a limited liability company (LLC), professional corporation (PC), or limited liability partnership (LLP) if you have multiple investors.
- Draft lease agreements for rental properties and implement rental agreement alterations, including rent increases and changes in utilities responsibility.
- Review and assess the validity of complaints from tenants and pursue a counteraction if a tenant has filed an unjustified lawsuit against you.
- Deal with any problematic tenants, including their eviction for failure to pay rent or follow the terms stated in their lease agreement. This requires strict adherence to applicable laws and procedures to avoid violation of the tenant's rights.
- If you want to make upgrades to your property, we can deal directly with the contractors to ensure the efficacy of any agreement and adherence to local and state building and environmental regulations. If there is a problem with a contractor's work, and they refuse to provide the proper remedy, we can pursue legal action against them.
- Create a business succession plan if you intend to pass your business on to descendants or other family members.
- Facilitate a property sale if you decide to reduce the size of your investment property portfolio.
With the trusted commercial and residential real estate lawyers from the Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC as your ally, you can let us handle the complicated and time-consuming legal issues while you focus on other areas of your enterprise. Our goal is to protect you and your financial future so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor and investment.
Contact a Fairfield County Real Estate Attorney
Whether you have numerous investment properties or you are looking to buy your first, you want experienced legal representation from an attorney with impeccable knowledge of real estate and the law. The Law Offices of Peter V. Lathouris, LLC can give you the peace of mind you need as a real estate investor. To learn more about how we can help you, contact us for a free 30-minute initial consultation with a New Haven County investment property lawyer.